New Homeowners Discover Black Mold in Their Home
mold

Elizabeth and Todd were devastated when they discovered mold in the basement walls of their new home in the Avenues of downtown Salt Lake City. They had only been living there for a few months and they started noticing some disturbing breathing concerns. They decided to purchase a mold discovery kit from their local home improvement store, which confirmed their suspicions that there was black mold in their bathroom wall.  They felt like kicking themselves for not getting a thorough home inspection done before their purchase went through.

Fortunately a neighbor recommended them to a friend who owned a flood and mold restoration company. This friend gave them some valuable advice. He told them that it was important to act fast if they wanted to avoid any long-term damage. Mold could cause respiratory problems and other health issues if left untreated.

Thankfully, Elizabeth and Todd followed his advice and hired his restoration company right away. Within a few days, the mold was completely removed from the basement walls. They were grateful that they had caught it early enough and didn’t have to worry about any long-term damage.

Here are some of the mold implications they were able to avert:

1. Respiratory issues: Mold spores enter the respiratory system and cause a variety of health problems that include coughing, sneezing, wheezing, nasal congestion and sinus pressure or pain. In severe cases it can lead to asthma attacks.

2. Skin irritation: Some mold species release toxins which can be absorbed through the skin causing itchiness, hives and rashes.

3. Allergies: Mold spores can cause respiratory allergies which often results in symptoms like coughing, sneezing, headaches or fever. Repeated exposure to mold can also cause permanent respiratory problems over time which require medical treatment.

4. Eye irritation: If molds are present indoors, they can cause eye irritation, watery eyes and redness.

5. Stomach issues: Mold growth in the home may also lead to gastritis or stomach problems like bloating, nausea or diarrhea.

6. Other dangerous health implications include memory loss, fever and flu-like symptoms which require immediate medical treatment.

If you’ve recently discovered mold in your home, act fast to avoid these health implications. Make sure you don’t disturb the area any further and call in professional help immediately. By acting quickly, you can successfully remove the mold before it has a chance to cause any long-term damage.

For more information on potential dangers of mold exposure, contact us at Flood Pros for a free estimate.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Posts

Photo1 7 1
Why using a flood restoration company can help you speed up insurance claims
5
Mold – The Silent Destroyer
4
Go Flood Pros – Your Fire Repair Specialists

Looking for a local disaster cleanup company that has great reviews and is trustworthy? Contact your Utah Flood Pros experts for a free quote.

We Service Salt Lake County and surrounding cities in Weber, Utah, Cache, Davis, Summit, Tooele, and Weber Counties.

Get a face-to-face appointment with our qualified specialists (in Utah)


© 2022 / Floodpros / All rights reserved – Privacy PolicyCreated by Blueprint Coders